Life can be complicated, finding the perfect car doesn't have to be. At AutoUncle we understand that and want to remove the stress of searching for your next vehicle. With our price comparison and search engine, we are helping millions of people internationally get into the driver seat of their new car swiftly and smoothly.
We work remotely in an agile, interpersonal and collaborative environment, where we challenge the norms of traditional business practices and focus on results. AutoUncle is a founder-led scale-up with a special care for products and people, that is our continuous goal to be The Most Human Company.
Your Mission as the UI Designer within the Deal Team
- Make AutoUncle look as appealing, modern and powerful as the technology underneath the interface
- Become an indispensable part of a multidisciplinary team, chasing big objectives for the company
- Make AutoUncle’s brand stand out clearly to users, thereby improving retention and word-of-mouth
- Design interfaces and evolve our design systems in collaboration with frontend Engineers
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on exploring options and identifying solutions to the problems and opportunities we/customers have
- In collaboration with AutoUncle’s design team, create and maintain a coherent visual style and UX patterns across AutoUncle’s products
- Participate in user research together with UX designers and Product Owners/Product Managers (live usability testing, userstesting.com, hotjar)
- Take AutoUncles Dealer platform from a functionally good product to a visually coherent market leading platform that sets the standard in the automotive industry
- Become an organic part of the value creation in a multidisciplinary team by enabling others to create the solution of the future
- You have several years of professional experience as a designer and can share a portfolio that showcases your capabilities
- You feel at home with tools such as Figma or Framer
- Worked in a similar role at a product/SaaS company
- Good taste and a passion for aesthetics
- Interest in user experience
- Experience working on consumer services or e-commerce where branding, positioning and copywriting is important
- Prior experience developing design systems together with engineers
- Knowledgeable about design conventions and practices
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- German fluency is a big plus
To collaborate effectively we require you to live in time zones GMT+0, GMT+1,GMT+2 or GMT+3 and have experience with working remotely.
Want to Learn More!
As a leader of innovation in Europe, AutoUncle’s vision is to become the most used platform for making hassle-free car deals happen. In combination with the company vision, AutoUncle works methodically to be The Most Human Company – a place where employees can be ambitious, have a big international impact, and bring their full humanity to work. Take a look at what it’s like to work at AutoUncle and meet the teams!
How we operate:
- We work remotely within Product & Engineering and get together to break bread 2-3 times per year
- We work on problems and opportunities, not "scoped solutions"
- We focus on learning
- We set goals using OKRs
- We conduct user tests weekly
- We run A/B tests at big scale
- We collaborate with humor and warmth
- We hold each other accountable to high standards
Starting date: As quick as possible
Compensation: Competitive, based on qualifications
Attach a video: When submitting your application we encourage you to attach a short video. Don't fuss about creating something perfect, a 1 minute smartphone recording where you share in English who you are as a human and why you're interested in this job is more than sufficient!