At AutoUncle we are driving transparency and helping millions of people internationally navigate the jungle of buying a car. With our search engine and price comparison, we are the leading aggregator to help potential car buyers, like yourself, make informative and easy decisions while searching for your next vehicle.
We work remotely in an agile and collaborative environment, where we challenge the norms of traditional business practices and focus on results. AutoUncle is a founder-led scale-up with a special care for products and people, that is our continuous goal to be The Most Human Company.
Your Mission as the Senior UI Designer within the Growth Team
The Growth Team operates as a self-managing Scrum team with full ownership of the AutoUncle websites and apps. Your job as Senior UI Designer will be to design the interfaces used by millions of people across Europe.
Some of the core missions you will work with are:
- Make AutoUncle look as appealing, modern and powerful as the technology underneath the interface (do make sure to check out our mobile website for a more modern feel of where AutoUncle is going)
- Design interfaces and evolve our design systems in collaboration with frontend Engineers
- Make AutoUncle’s brand stand out clearly to users, thereby improving retention and word-of-mouth
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on exploring options and identifying solutions to the problems and opportunities we/customers have
- Contribute to the continued refinement of the AutoUncle brand and identity
- In collaboration with AutoUncle’s design team, create and maintain a coherent visual style and UX patterns across AutoUncle’s products
- Participate in user research together with UX designers and Product Owners/Product Managers (live usability testing, userstesting.com, hotjar)
- You have several years of professional experience as a designer and can share a portfolio that showcases your capabilities
- You feel at home with tools such as Figma or Framer
- Worked in a similar role at a product company
- Good taste and and a passion for aesthetics
- Interest in user experience
- Experience working on consumer services or e-commerce where branding, positioning and copywriting is important
- Prior experience developing design systems together with engineers
- Knowledgeable about design conventions and practices
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bonus: Experience with Tailwind CSS
To collaborate effectively we require you to live in time zones GMT+0, GMT+1,GMT+2 or GMT+3 and have experience with working remotely.
Starting date: As quick as possible (we are already conducting interviews!)
Compensation: Competitive, based on qualifications
Attach a video: When submitting your application we encourage you to attach a short video. Don't fuss about creating something perfect, a 1 minute smartphone recording where you share in English who you are as a human and why you're interested in this job is more than sufficient!
Want to Learn More!
As a leader of innovation in Europe, AutoUncle’s vision is to become the most used platform for making hassle-free car deals happen. In combination with the company vision, AutoUncle works methodically to be The Most Human Company – a place where employees can be ambitious, have a big international impact, and bring their full humanity to work. Take a look at what it’s like to work at AutoUncle and meet the teams!
How we operate
- We work remotely within Product & Engineering and get together to break bread 2-3 times per year
- We work on problems and opportunities, not "scoped solutions"
- We focus on learning
- We set goals using OKRs
- We conduct user tests weekly
- We run A/B tests at big scale
- We collaborate with humor and warmth
- We hold each other accountable to high standards