At AutoUncle we are driving transparency and helping millions of people internationally navigate the jungle of buying a car. With our search engine and price comparison, we are the leading aggregator to help potential car buyers, like yourself, make informative and easy decisions while searching for your next vehicle.
As part of the Engineering team at AutoUncle, you'll work on interesting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work remotely in an agile and collaborative environment, where we challenge the norms of traditional business practices and focus on results. Our DNA at AutoUncle is based on transparency and respect, that is why we are The Most Human Company.
To collaborate effectively we expect you to live in time zones GMT+0, GMT+1,GMT+2 or GMT+3 and have experience with working remotely.
We're looking for an accomplished Senior DevOps Engineer who is passionate about providing continuous delivery on high scale products, has natural decision making abilities and someone who loves being part of an agile team, while enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
We’re not picky about academic background, but expect that you:
- Have at least six years in DevOps related roles
- Communicate effectively in English (written and verbally)
- Experience working in a team and being familiar with agile methods, preferably Kanban or Scrum
- You like taking part in the responsibility of keeping operations afloat and being on-call at times
- Strong analytical approach while debugging and coming up with solutions
- Fluent in AWS infrastructures with VPCs and security groups while using best practices
Great to Haves
- Worked as DevOps engineer for a large scale web operation
- Provisioning infrastructure using tools like Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.
- Elastic Stack
- Strong knowledge of security fundamentals
- SQL database management and optimizations
- Experience provisioning large scale Ruby and node applications
Our current stack runs on: Linux, Dedicated servers + a wide range of AWS and Google Cloud services (e.g. S3, EC2, elasticache, ECS, Dynamodb, Aurora RDS, Firestore etc.), Cloudflare, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic Stack, Nginx, Varnish Cache, React.js, Next.js, Ruby on Rails, node and Webpack.
We work using Github, Slack, Trello, OpsGenie, New Relic, Honeybadger, Grafana, Google Analytics/Optimize, Semaphore.ci as well as a range of internally built monitoring and management systems.
Want to Learn More!
As a leader of innovation in Europe, AutoUncle’s vision is to become the most used platform for making hassle-free car deals globally. In combination with the company vision, AutoUncle works methodically to be The Most Human Company – a place where employees can be ambitious, have a big international impact, and bring their full humanity to work. Take a look at what it’s like to work at AutoUncle and meet the teams!